This year I opened up my blog's subject matter. It used to be exclusively about my kids and family life. But a few months ago, I decided to open up and start blogging about everything and anything. As a result I have met a bunch of new friends and people. It has also increased communication with people that I care about. It's been great and I'm so glad I made the move.
This was also a year that I started to read other people's blogs daily (or almost daily). The blogroll on the right column have become a small subset of all the blogs that now populate NetNewsWire on my Mac. And that doesn't include the new ones that I discover each week.
So my top 10 is a list of great blog posts from a variety of bloggers. They made my top 10 list because of their humor, insight, honesty or creativity.
Some are old friends, new friends and some I haven't met (yet). Enjoy.
10. How to solve social network invite fatigue. Nabeel Hyatt.
9. Death to User Generated Content. Derek Powazek
8. A Liberal's Pledge. Michael Moore.
7. Life Poster. Jason Yanowitz.
6. First Wallstrip. Wallstrip.
5. We need to open up the bidding for buying off US politicians. Mark Pincus.
4. Munching on your competitor's bones. Brad Feld.
3. 53,651. Josh Kopelman.
2. The End of the Page View. Fred Wilson.
1. The Art of Innovation. Guy Kawasaki